English available languages
Covid free Montenegro – These Measures are in force as on 1 June
Covid free Montenegro – These Measures are in force as on 1 June
- Public gatherings(including weddings and funerals) are allowed outdoors and indoors, with the attendance of no more than 200 people, who are obliged to respect a physical distance of at least two meters and other recommendations, in accordance with corresponding instructions of Public Health Institute of Montenegro.
INTERNAL TRAFFIC AND TRAVELLING
- Internal road, rail and maritime traffic is carried out with the application of preventive measures, in accordance with the instructions of the Public Health Institute of Montenegro.
Instruction for maritime transport: mandatory wearing of protective masks, without possibility of standing in vessel.
INTERNATIONAL TRAFFIC, TRAVELLING AND ENTRY INTO MONTENEGRO
- State employees and employed in state bodies, state administration bodies, administrative bodies and state employees in local – self government bodies are prohibited from traveling abroad, except in cases where the trip is of state interest with the prior consent of the head of the authority.
- Arrangements of all student tours, educational meetings etc. abroad is prohibited.
- International rail passenger traffic is suspended.
- International road, maritime and air traffic is performed with countries and across the territory of countriesin which a rate of active cases of coronavirus is less that 25 per 100, 000 inhabitants. The Public Health Institute determines and publishes, the list of countries that meet this condition, once a week.
QUARANTINE AND SELF – ISOLATION
- Entry to Montenegro is provided without prescribing quarantine or self isolation for persons coming from a country, where a rate of active coronavirus cases is specified as less than 25 per 100, 000 inhabitants and to foreign nationals with the additional condition that the rate of active coronavirus cases is specified in the country of residence as less than 25 per 100, 000 inhabitants. The list of countries that meet this condition is specified and published, once a week or more often in necessary by Institute for Public Health.
- Citizens of Montenegro and foreigners with permanent or temporary residence in our country who enter Montenegro from countries where the confirmed rate of active cases of coronavirus is higher than 25 per 100, 000 inhabitants are ordered to be placed in self – isolation or quarantine for 14 days. For individuals who are tested negative for the novel coronavirus by PCR testing for SARS – CoV – 2, the measure of self – isolation and quarantine is revoked after 14 days.
Self – isolation means staying in family household or other facility, while the health status of this person, as well as all members of the household is monitored by the competent epidemiological service.
Institutional isolation is compulsory for persons who have been quarantined or self – isolated and are tested positive for the novel coronavirus, if they must be isolated from healthy persons and cannot be provided with self – isolation in family accommodation; for patients who have been hospitalized, have recovered or have no symptoms of the disease, but have not yet had two consecutive negative results from samples taken at intervals of 24 hours; as well as for persons who came from abroad and tested positive for the novel coronavirus in quarantine.
Institutional isolation means accommodation in a facility intended for self – isolation and the stay of persons who are tested positive for the novel coronavirus and who do not have symptoms of the disease, who do not require medical treatment but must be supervised by health professionals, based on the decision of the sanitary inspection.
Self – isolation of a foreign vessel, with crew, implies a berth in the port for 14 days, with health and sanitary supervision by the competent health institution, in accordance with the recommendations of the Public Health Institute of Montenegro, based on the decision of the health and sanitary inspection.
The charterer or concessionaire of a nautical tourism port – a marina and a commercial port open to international traffic is obliged to take measures to prevent introduction into the country, combating and preventing of the novel coronavirus, based on the recommendations of the Public Health Institute of Montenegro.
NON – COMMERCIAL AIR TRAFFIC
- Foreigners coming by non – commercial air transport must comply along with the temporary measures as follow:
– the aircraft used for non – commercial air traffic may have a capacity of up to 10 seats;
– crew and passengers are obliged to wear protective masks when getting off the aircraft and during their stay at the airport;
– while entering Montenegro, passengers and crew must have a PCR test for SARS – CoV – 2 not older than 48 hours;
– after entering Montenegro, health surveillance measures will be applied to passengers, in accordance with the recommendations of the Public Health Institute of Montenegro;
– for the arrival/ departure of the passengers from the passenger terminal to the accommodation, it is necessary to organise a special transport, in line with the recommendations of the Public Health Institute of Montenegro;
– while staying in a hotel or other accommodation, passengers are obliged to apply the recommendations of the Public Health Institute of Montenegro.
TRAFFIC AND TRANSIT OF GOODS
- The traffic of goods for the needs of Montenegro and transit remains smooth, with particular measures of health supervision, in accordance with the recommendations of the Public Health Institute of Montenegro.
VISITING PERSONS IN HOSPITALS AND PRISONS
- Ban on visiting persons deprived of their liberty and detainees, except for lawyers and court experts under the court decision and on visiting persons and on visiting persons who are serving a prison sentence.
- Ban on visiting persons who are receiving hospital treatment in health care institutions and persons accommodated in social and childcare institutions.
SPORTS AND RECREATION
- Training of athletes (amateur athletes, professional athletes and recreational athletes) and sport competitions and tournaments for athletes in sports facilities (indoor and outdoor sports facilities – fields and swimming pools) are organized in the presence of spectators / fans, in a way that owners and users of sports facilities and sports organizations are obliged to ensure the application of temporary measures, as follows:
– During sports competition and tournament in outdoor and indoor sports facilities to be attended by up to 200 spectators/ fans with mandatory compliance with measures of physical distance of at least two meters;
– Mandatory disinfection equipment for training, competitions, tournaments and items that are shared by athletes, in accordance with recommendations of the Public Health Institute of Montenegro;
– Compliance with personal hygiene measures – regular hand hygiene, before and after the completed sports activity.
BATHING AREAS AND BEACHES
- Companies, other legal entities entrepreneurs engaged in the provision of tourist services at bathing areas and beaches are required to comply with corresponding Instruction of the Public Health Institute of Montenegro.
- Users of non – regulated bathing areas are obliged to respect the distance of at least 2 m, except for members of joint family household.
- Dental practices are obliged to organize work in such a way as to provide a system of mandatory patient scheduling, to ensure that only one patient can stay in the waiting room (on 10 square metres) at the time, while respecting the social distance of at least 2 m between patients, to provide hand sanitizers to patients when entering/leaving the practice and to ensure that all employees follow work procedures and wear personal protective equipment, in accordance with the recommendations of the Public Health Institute and the Dental Chamber of Montenegro.
- Functioning of the health system normalizes in the part of providing health services, as follows:
– The Clinical Centre of Montenegro and general and special hospitals and institutions in the health system network will ensure the gradual availability of specialist examinations for all patients;
– It will be ensured that all patients wear protective masks during their stay in the health institution (provided that the patients clinical condition allows the wearing of the mask and that the mask does not compromise the patients respiratory function) and ensure respect for social distance of at least two meters between patients;
– A notice on valid temporary measures for prevention and control of the novel coronavirus will be prominently displayed in the health institution;
– Hand sanitizer will be provided to patients at the entrance/exit of the health institution;
– Implementation of the screening programme for colon cancer, breast cancer and cervical cancer will be postponed for the duration of the measures;
– Measures will be implemented in health centres that will enable rational and efficient use of human resources in the current epidemiological conditions;
– The point at health centre Tološi for patients suspicious of being infected with Covid – 19 will continue to work; and
– Referral and transport of patients for treatment outside Montenegro will be provided, only in life – threatening cases.
- Educational work in public and private educational institutions has been suspended,except in preschool institutions which are obliged to organise work in accordance with the
- During suspension of work at public and private educational institutions, one of the parent / guardians / foster parents / adoptive parents or a single parent of a child not older than 11 years of age, shall be granted the right to paid absence, except for employees in the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Defence, the National Security Agency, the Ministry of the Interior, the Police Directorate, the Customs Administration, the Directorate for Food Safety, Veterinary and Phyto-sanitary Affairs, institutions for accommodation of persons in the area of social and and child protection, the Directorate for Execution of Criminal Sanctions, protection and rescue services, which activities are assessed by the National Coordination Body for Communicable Diseases, as necessary for the duration of these measures.
- Music schools, foreign language schools, adult education institutions and halls of residence are obliged to organize their work in accordance with the corresponding instructions of the Public Health Institute of Montenegro.
ECONOMY AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Economy and entrepreneurship – tourism and catering industries
- Obligation of companies, other legal entities and entrepreneurs preforming catering activities in catering facilities (restaurants, cafes, cafeterias, hotel restaurants and similar catering facilities) including the provision of catering facilities at beaches and bathing areas, to organise their work in accordance with corresponding instructions of the Public Health Institute of Montenegro:
Economy and entrepreneurship – trade
- Owner/ user and manager of trade facilities, entrepreneurs who provide artisanal and other services are obliged to organize their work, in accordance with corresponding instructions of the Public Health Institute of Montenegro:
ECONOMY AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP – GAMES OF CHANCE
- Operators of games of chance are obliged to organize their work
- Persons preforming agricultural activity are obliged to comply with corresponding Instruction of the Public Health Institute of Montenegro.
COUNTER SERVICES (STATE ADMINISTRATION, BANKS, POST OFFICES etc.)
- State authorities, state and local government bodies, banks, post offices and other legal entities are obliged to organise workin counter halls, in accordance with corresponding Instruction of the Public Health Institute of Montenegro.
LIBRARIES, MUSEUMS, GALLERIES etc.
- Cultural institutions (libraries, archives, museums and galleries) are obliged to organize work, in accordance with corresponding Instruction of the Public Health Institute of Montenegro.
- Legal entities that train drivers (driver schools) are obliged to organize work, in accordance with corresponding Instruction of the Public Health Institute of Montenegro.
RENT – A – CAR
- Legal entities and entrepreneurs, providing car – rental services are obliged to organize work, in accordance with corresponding Instruction of the Public Health Institute of Montenegro.
- Public sector employees are required to wear protective masks, while working indoor.
- Companies, other legal entities or entrepreneurs who carry out the construction work and are responsible for the execution of construction works on the facility, i.e. for the execution of certain works are obliged to:
– Ensure adherence to epidemiological measures, especially respecting the social distance between employees and other measures to ensure health protection;
– Put notice, in a conspicuous place on the construction site, on the temporary prevention and control measures against the novel coronavirus;
– Ensure that all employees preforming construction work, during their organised transportation to and from the construction site, as well as during their stay and work on the construction site (except during the mealtime), use personal protective equipment – masks and gloves;
– Prohibit all employees who carry out construction work on the construction site, during working hours, from leaving the construction site to procure food, etc;
– Provide food delivery to employees performing construction work on the construction site;
– Ensure social distance during the organized transportation of employees from and to the construction site (bus or van).
- Companies, other legal entities or entrepreneurs who carry out the construction works and are responsible for the execution of construction works on the facility, i.e. for the execution of certain works are obliged to organize work in several groups of 20 or less employees at larger construction sites (with 40 or more employees), bearing in mind that groups cannot be changed, while ensuring social distance at the construction site and avoiding to the greatest extent possible physical contact between these groups after leaving the construction site. This obligation also applies to the organization of collective accommodation of employees, their transportation, area intended for food consumption at the construction site, the time distance when arriving at the construction site, which must prevent the merging of employees divided into groups.
- Companies, other legal entities or entrepreneurs who carry out the construction works and are responsible for the execution of construction works on the facility, i.e. for the execution of certain works are obliged to organize the work of the principal, responsible, and other engineers indoors in such a way as to provide greater social distance with the mandatory use of personal protective equipment – masks and gloves.
STATE ADMINISTRATION – DOCUMENTS
- State authorities, state administration bodies, local self – government bodies and local governments are obliged to consider expired personal documents issued after 2008 (identity card, passport and drivers license), held by citizens, on the basis of which they exercise their rights or fulfill their obligations before these authorities, as valid. (The measure is valid until 1 July 2020).
- Competent authorities that control and regulate the traffic on the roads are obliged to consider traffic licenses which have expired valid until 1 July 2020, if the driver, along the license, possesses a valid insurance policy and proof of performed technical inspection of the vehicle.
- State authorities, public administration bodies, local self – government and local administration authority, companies, public institutions and other legal persons, entrepreneurs and natural persons are obliged to consider expired permanent residence permit, temporary residence permit and temporary residence and work permit of foreigners, on the basis of which they exercise their rights or fulfill their obligations before these authorities, as valid until 1 July 2020.
Montenegro Covid Free Country Montenegro Covid Free Country Montenegro Covid Free Country Montenegro Covid Free Country Montenegro Covid Free Country Montenegro Covid Free Country Montenegro Covid Free Country Montenegro Covid Free Country
English available languages